I hope that this website will be both informative and accessible. The aim is to give you a clear picture of our range of professional expertise
Carmel Rodgers has the following awards
- Honorary Associate Fellow of the BPS
- Psychometric Test Domain Competence-
- Has been awarded the European Psychometric Test User Certificate UK EFPA Date Awarded 17.01.2013 (Euro Psy)
- Has level A, Level B and Level B Plus in Psychometrics 16PF BPS (73685)
- Has training certificates from Pearson's Assessment for WAIS-IV, WISC IV.
- Has a training certificate in Dynamic Assessment with David Tzuriel(trained by Feuerstein) in Israel.
- Has an EMDR Certificate to practice- Part 1 Part 2
- Has an Accreditation in Talent Q Personality Questionnaire, validated by the BPS
- Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from Access NI (2000558886)
I have completed work on School Readiness for a Doctorate in Educational Psychology P/T with Dundee University purely by research, reconstructing the Infant Rating Scales as a new measure over 8 Scales-IRS-R I am continuing longitudinal research on this work,with a group of academics( for publication) .The title of this work is Secondary Analysis of the IRS-R School Readiness Scales for 4-5 year olds in Northern Ireland.
I have a particular interest in the area of Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties with a special interest in working with, and supporting, looked after children and young people. I completed Part 1 & Part 2 training with Prof Paul Miller Psychiatrist for Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy which is one of the most significant, exciting and innovative developments for decades in the treatment of psychological trauma related conditions. Supported by extensive research this therapy is recommended for the treatment of PTSD in national and international guidelines including the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the World Health Organisation (WHO)
I continue to have supervision to become an Accredited Practitioner. I am a registered psychology member of HCPC; Health Care Professional Council, a Chartered Psychologist and Associate Fellow of the British Psychology Society and a Registered Educational Psychologist with the Psychological Society of Ireland,along with recently becoming a Member of the BPS Clinical Psychology Division . I supervise graduates towards Psychology Chartership in Ireland and Internationally.;
Carmel Rodgers Associate Fellow/Chartered Psychologist AFBPsS
I am delighted to be accepted as a full member of the Association for Child Psychologist in Private Practice and to confirm membership of the Association. My AChiPPP registration number is 406 I am a Book Reviewer for Psychology Journals having published many substantive reviews. My recent article on Talk to Your Child Research is now printed in Assessment and Development Matters Journal.